Thank you Auntie Kendra for the great pictures of Madison's baptism.Well Dave and I had our first and pray to God our last trip to Boston Children's Hospital yesterday. I heard it was an amazing top notch facility so I just had to share the Feener's journey. Sorry it's so long.
On Madi's checkup last week the doctor noticed that her head tilted and leaned to her left. She actually looked like a flower with a broken stem. I noticed it while I fed her but I chalked it up to her being lazy because she tends to lean her head to the right lazy like when we feed her. Nurse Liz noticed that she never lifted her head the whole time in the office. She suggested that Madi might have Wry neck (Tortocolis). She suggested we meet with an orthopedic for early intervention to be on the safe side. Of course I go home and Google Wry neck and come up with the worst possible scenarios. Like her neck will stay that way and kids will pick on her, her face can become disfigured, she will have trouble walking because she will be tilted and lopsided. To add to my crazies Madi decided to start projectile vomit, cry, stay up all night and need to be held all day and night. We went back to the Dr. Last Friday and she started to become fine 2 hrs before the visit. luckily we saw Nurse Liz and she remarked how Madi had finally picked her head up. She still had a tilt and was mildly fussy.
So we go to children's and it is a zoo. There are many different buildings and you have to go to the 2nd floor to go the one you want. I thought it odd when I asked for directions and the man told me which building and suggested we take the stairs to the 2nd floor but if we must use the elevator he pointed us in the right direction. We trying to be the prepared parents had the stroller and lots of baby gear because we were not sure what we were in for proceeded to the elevators. OMG!!!!!!! There was only 1 small elevator and a line of strollers, wheelchairs and other handicapped people with a kind sign that stated elevator for strollers and handicaps only. Who would think there would be lots of strollers and handicaps at a children's hospital? Not the architect. So we move on from there and there are 3 elevators in the building we want. We arrive and there are tons and tons of children and you realize how fortunate you are. I almost feel guilty because I appear to have the healthiest normal child there. Finally we get to see the Dr. nope it was a resident and my darling husband is making Gray's Anatomy references. Well the resident asks us accusingly why are we here? So we explain her Dr. wanted her to be seen and explained the scenario I even mentioned how she can be lazy when she eats. So he exams her says she seems fine to me. Meanwhile he was sitting her up examining her back and neck and he lets go of her and walks away. Head first Madison starts falling off the exam table. Thankfully Dave caught her when her face hit the table and she didn't make it to the floor. The resident then says I would say she's frisky not lazy, the Dr. will be in soon and walks out. I was stunned this "Children's Doctor To Be" just let go of my baby and dropped her and nonchalantly left. I said to Dave that man just dropped my baby and all he says is she's frisky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the Dr. comes in and he asks why we are here. All the time giving us a not so pleasant look because our baby is active and healthy. We now tell him the story. He goes to examine her and puts her on her belly and I warn her that she flips quickly and please be careful. He almost drops her and doesn't say anything except she is certainly not lazy and appears very healthy. I reiterate for 2 days she was like a broken flower and her Dr's office was concerned. He says it could be related to her acid reflux and if it happens again call and he'll take x-rays. So sorry we have wasted their time, we just wanted to get the heck out of there. We are waiting for the elevators and 1 opens and I hear no you can't come in she must be alone in the elevator. I nervously joke to Dave please tell me that she was at least wearing a mask so we don't become contaminated. Needless to say everyone with out strollers heads for the stairs broken limbs and all. We chose to take a different elevator down. I again joke with Dave saying shes probably got the avian bird flu. Dave goes bug eyed and says she was Asian. Now we are just beside ourselves and need to leave and we arrive at the 1 elevator keeping us from the door. Yes there was still a line. We get outside and wait 30 minutes for the valet and we see so many sad and sick people. It was depressing and I felt guilty but we both said man we hope we leave as healthy as we arrived. Yes my baby is coughing as I type. I think if she needs to go back we'll visit the branch in Exeter. We did see signs that we can be seen there by the same Dr's. It was like salt in a wound.

1 comment:
I'm sooooo glad she checked out fine!
What an experience!
Post a Comment